Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Mark your calendar!


Greetings! I have dates for my Arts Thesis events. Details are below. This is my promotional picture. Cool, yes? It features me (playing the cello), my cello students, a mom of a cello student, and my co-teacher, Cat!

Praise the LORD with Stringed Instruments:
Instrumental Music as Participation and Contemplation


Praise the Lord with Stringed Instruments explores the use of instrumental music in Christian worship, especially in the Protestant context, through a series of three experimental worship services, each with progressively less words. Praise the Lord with Stringed Instruments seeks to challenge the nature of participation; the congregation’s involvement will be encouraged in listening and in contemplative prayer. Wordless music will become a means of being silent before God. Each worship service will be followed by a time of coffee discussion. The fourth worship service will serve as a reflection on the previous three services.

All events will take place at Vancouver First Christian Reformed Church, 2670 Victoria Drive, Vancouver, BC, at 7:30 p.m.

I: All Saints Day: Community
Saturday, November 1

II: Advent: Longing
Sunday, November 30

III: Epiphany: Joy
Sunday, February 22

IV: Lent: Reflection
Saturday, March 28

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Awesome picture! Wish I could be there to hear and participate!

Love, steph