Saturday, October 11, 2008

And now I´m in Peru.

Actually, I´m going to leave Peru in a few hours, having been here for three days. Ahead of me is another sleepless night on the plane. At least I will arrive home just in time for reading week, so I can probably afford to spend a day sleeping.

Let me explain what I´ve been doing. For the past four years, I have been an LDP sponsor through Compassion International. This means I support, write to, and pray for a college student in a developing country. In my case, I was linked with Sindy in Peru. Yesterday, I attended her graduation. She was one of the first four graduates from this program in Peru. She is a beautiful person, inside and out, and it was an honor to meet her face to face. She has graduated with an education degree, and now she will teach fifth and sixth grade. It was amazing to see how passionate she is about serving her community, her church, and our Lord. I am inspired to go and do likewise. I also had the opportunity to meet a number of family members and close friends. When Sindy´s nephew, Israel, registers for a Compassion project in January, I will be his sponsor as well. :) He spent the day with us today, and I think he gets to have the nickname my cousin, Evan used to have: "little tornado"! He´s smart and very active, full of personality!

Pictures are coming. I am not on my own computer, so I will have to wait until I get home to post them. Yesterday at the graduation, I gave so many hugs, brushed cheeks with so many people (according to the Latin American custom), and smiled for so many pictures that my glasses were thoroughly smudged, and my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Yes, I feel truly loved.

So, that´s my report. I´m bringing coffee home with me--several kinds. I had help picking it out, so I think it will be great. So, come over to my house and we´ll have coffee and talk about Peru! :)

1 comment:

SInDy said...

Hi Beautiful Celia :D

Thanks so much for to had been here in Peru.

:D Kisses for you!!!!