Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Update 1: Christmas Break highlights

Oh my, we have been busy little beavers around here. For the past 3 1/2 years, we have been ignoring our friends and relations whilst attending classes at Regent, not to mention ignoring to-do lists and piles of papers to organize, so now we are paying for it. Not that catching up with friends is a bad thing. It's just all happening at once!

So, on to the blog update. (May I say that I still prefer the blog to facebook? The reason I am on facebook at all is so that people can go look at my blog.) I have a whole bunch of pictures from Christmas break which I will now post with minimal captions. And no, I'm not going to try to format anything. Bear with me. I'm going for speed, not quality. ;)

We spent Christmas, and quite a few days on either side, with Keith's family in Iowa: 10 adults, 2 babies, 1 baby on the way (Sarah and Nate's, not ours... don't get excited), and 4 dogs. Things moved a mile a minute...

The usual: Keith grilled in the snow. He usually does. Yes, we are lots of meat. Keith also played a lot of piano. Elizabeth, our niece, got in on some of that action.



We went out for tea. Elizabeth drank tea out of Grandpa's special teapot... decorated especially for a guy (none of that flowery stuff!)


Elizabeth loves to eat. Here she is eating beef stroganoff. Would I have touched that stuff when I was her age? Not a chance...


Ah, so worn out... but there were too many interesting things going on for her to nap in her room, so it had to be uncle Keith's lap.


My Christmas present to the family: lots and lots of bread.


Trying on Auntie Becca's shoes... she's a fine lady now!


Sarah reads stories to Elizabeth and Michael (our nephew)


Christmas Eve dinner: chicken noodle soup. I think it was well received.



Michael sits on Grandpa's lap... or should we call him Grumpa?


Elizabeth has discovered that pictures show up on the back of the camera after they're taken, so now she always wants to look.


Michael's Santa costume was made by his grandma Fleming for whichever grandchild it fits any given year... this year it was Michael's turn.


The Night Before Christmas read by Ilene... (she's good, they actually sat still the whole time.)


At home on Christmas Eve.



Elizabeth and Michael got hats made by me (hopefully there will be a knitting update post soon). Michael decided that in the house was not the right place to be wearing a hat.



Chris got stuck. Sooner or later we noticed and let him out.


And, once again, at home on Christmas morning.



This guy (Michael, not Keith) was crawling when he arrived, and walking when he left. The impetus to finally get him started was that he was stark naked at the time. There are videos which I will not post. I'm saving them for your first girlfriend, Michael. ;)



The girls had tea the day after Christmas. I did the baking, and Ilene helped.




Oh look, it's a picture of me! It's so hard to be the photographer...


Michael was being a good boy at Grandma's birthday lunch.


Then we were off to Seattle to celebrate Christmas again with my family. The stockings (and underwear) were hung by the chimney with care.


Keith shocked my family by ripping apart not only the wrapping paper, but gift inside... he had removed the book (a Greek New Testament) before giving the empty box to me to wrap. Isn't it fun to buy one's own Christmas presents?


Colin, who asked people NOT to give him presents, received two from us: cup socks, and a special made-by-Keith spam candle.



Carla returned from Brazil and spent a few days with us in Seattle before all of us headed back to Vancouver.



Yeah... not as many pictures from Seattle. There's no cute niece or nephew to photograph. Stay tuned for the next update...

No comments: