Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Recital Program

Just to whet your appetite... my recital program!


It's All About the Bass

Masters Recital
Celia Wilson, viola da gamba
with
Akiko Sato, harpsichord
Laura Jeppesen, viola da gamba

Saturday, April 9, 4:00 p.m.
First Church, Congregational, Cambridge
Lindsay Chapel

Program

Selections from Captain Hume’s Musical Humours
Tobias Hume
(c. 1579-1645)
Rossamond
I Am Falling
My Mistresse hath a pritty thing.
Hit it in the middle
Tickell, Tickell
Tickle me quickly
Touch me lightly
She loves it well.

Sonata IV from Le nymphe di Rheno, op. 8
Johannes Schenck
(1660-after 1710)
Ciacona
Bourée
Rondeau
Menuet

Sonata in D minor, op. 5 no. 5
Arcangelo Corelli
(1653-1713)
Adagio
Allegro
Adagio
Allegro
Allegro

Intermission

Sonata in D major, BWV 1028
Johann Sebastian Bach
(1675-1750)
Adagio
Allegro
Andante
Allegro

Les Folies d'Espagne from Pièces de Viole, Deuxième Livre                                           
Marin Marais
(1656-1728)

No comments: