Thursday, June 12, 2014

Ramblings (Tired...)

Today's "coffee" is actually bubble tea. I'm at Tully's at Sapporo Station, waiting for Keith to arrive for shopping.


And I'm wearing a kimono, by myself. Conspicuous. I just went with my tea ceremony teacher to meet another teacher, who has kindly offered to introduce me to a teacher in Seattle. Yes, there is also tea ceremony outside of Japan!

I must be tired, because I'm getting distracted staring out the window at all the taxis driving around...

It's now farm season. It's really nice to take a break from inside work and spend some time outside, but it does take a lot of time. Yesterday we pulled weeds and harvested out first produce of the year: gorgeous radishes and cilantro!


I also bought ume plums this week. This year I have to make a 2+ year supply of umeboshi, since I won't be able to make them next year due to home assignment... And maybe not the next year either. I can't believe it's already time to start thinking about these things, but we're almost finished with our third year... 3 years without going "home"... But then again, "home" is a complicated subject.

This weekend is another busy weekend, filled with social engagements and usual stuff at church. Sunday evening is our next movie event. We're still not entirely sure which movie we're going to watch. We have about 3 good ideas for the future, but none of them will work this time. This is just one of those “flying by the seat of our pants” weeks, taking care of all the things that piled up while we were gone and then some.

Today feels like a cool, misty August day on the Washington coast. It kind of makes me want to take a nap, but in a few minutes, I will be braving the noise and bright lights of Bic Camera. If you've never experienced the craziness of a Japanese electronics store, I'd be glad to explain the next time you're in Sapporo!

No comments: