Sunday, September 09, 2012

Fall Concerts

We've got a couple of concerts coming up this fall... the first one is next week! I've been busy preparing introductions for each of the songs with my Japanese teacher, as a first "assignment" in a course dedicated to sermons and other public speaking. It's next Monday, September 17, 1:00 p.m. at Kita-Hiroshima church, as part of our church's bazaar. We will be raising money for ongoing relief work. Keith and I will perform together, and present stories and pictures from our time doing relief work in Miyako and Ishinomaki.


The second concert is Sunday, October 14 at 7:15 p.m. at Kitara concert hall, small hall. (If you want tickets, they are 2000 yen, and you can get them from us.) We'll be performing German baroque works (mostly sacred) on period instruments. I will be playing viola da gamba, and Keith, my dad, and I will be in the chorus. (I offered to sing and play at the same time, but it looks like I'll be doing one at a time... ;)


We would appreciate your prayers as we prepare--not only for good practices and performances, but also for the friendships we are forming along the way!

No comments: