Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Something I should have posted a while ago

Greetings. I wrote this a few days ago while I was on the plane, then forgot to post it. Oh well, here it is anyway. We started school today...
***
Hi. I’m typing on a plane (flying the rest of the way home, having stopped for a few days in Iowa with Keith’s parents), and I have realized that this is a difficult task in coach, when the person in the seat in front of you puts their seat back. The screen is tilted towards me, so I can hardly see it. Otherwise it would be too close to type.

Anyhoo, I realized that I never bothered to put up any pictures of our new god-daughter, Elizabeth! Well, I did, but that was from before we went to meet her. She’s very cute (I would have said “sweet,” but that joke’s getting old), and I managed to hold her without her screaming! Yay! We went to her baptism and had a very nice time with the family.

I also gave her this sweater that I made. Hopefully it will be the right size later this winter, or maybe around Easter. That would be appropriate, since it’s yellow.

We’re looking forward to being back in our own apartment, sleeping in our own bed, using our own kitchen… I really missed my kitchen and our nice closet, where I can put my clothes so as not to be constantly packing and unpacking.. I also missed cold coffee (frappucinos and the like) and Mexican food, but I had Mexican food for lunch and went out for coffee with Ilene on Wednesday, so I feel better now. I will, however, miss German bread and breakfast, the ready availability of cheap, excellent wines (other than the 11 bottles we brought home with us), bratwurst, French farmer’s markets, and the beauty of the towns in the countryside in all three of the countries we visited. Of course we will also miss our wonderful friends in Europe!

That’s about all for now, I’ll post this when we land…

No comments: